1. Mixing the two components
The components A and B are mixed by weight in the above indicated ratio. The mixing can be carried out either by hand or using a low-speed electric or pneumatic mixer to minimise the introduction of air and to avoid any temperature increase.
It is also possible to use a special mixing and dispensing machine for the two silicone components. Further information is available upon request.
The mixture should be degassed preferably at 30 to 50 mbar to eliminate any entrapped air. If a dispensing machine is used, the two components are degassed separately prior to mixing.
The silicone mixture expands to times of its initial volume and bubbles rise to the surface. The bubbles progressively disappear and the mixture returns to its initial volume after 5 to 10 minutes. Wait a few minutes to complete the degassing and then flash the vacuum. The silicone is ready for pouring, either by gravity or under low pressure.
Note: Flashing the vacuum once or twice accelerates the degassing. It is recommended to use a container with a high diameter / height ratio.
The system polymerises at . The curing may be slowed down at lower temperature and contrary accelerated by heat.
Contact with certain materials can inhibit the crosslinking. See list below:
- Natural rubbers vulcanised with sulphur,
- RTV 2 silicone elastomers catalysed with metal salts, e.g. tin-compounds,
- PVC stabilised with tin salts and additives,
- Epoxy resins catalysed with amines,
- Some organic solvents, e.g. ketones, alcohols, ether etc.
In case of doubts, it is recommended to test the substrate by applying a small quantity of the mixed silicone on a restricted area.
|BLUESIL RTV 84087/2 储存温度要介于 -10°C / 14°F 和 30°C / 86°F 之间，从生产日期开始产品保质 9 个月||请查看安全数据表||欧盟《电气、电子设备中限制使用某些有害物质指令》;欧盟《报废电子电气设备指令》|
BLUESIL RTV 84087/2
BLUESIL RTV 84087/2 & CATA A142/2 is a two component silicone elastomer that crosslinks at room temperature by polyaddition reaction. The polymerisation can be accelerated by heat.
The silicone materials are delivered as two low viscous liquid components, which once mixed and cured, transform into an elastic and resistant elastomer. Polymerisation occurs without production of heat.
- The curing characteristics are independent of the thickness of the parts
- The polymerisation can be accelerated by heat (up to ).
- Good chemical resistance and mechanical strength.
- Manufactured from FDA compliant raw materials.
- Fast mixing and easy processing (10:1) due to the low viscosity.
- Conveys and belts
- Coating of fabrics